Black Rose Anarchist Federation / Federación Anarquista Rosa Negra (BRRN) is a political organization founded in 2014 which shares a common set of politics and a shared strategic vision of building popular power in our workplaces, neighborhoods, and schools towards the goal of libertarian socialism. With locals and contacts in over a dozen cities, our organizing work is centered on building mass movements such as tenant unions, neighborhood assemblies, workplace campaigns, student unions, prisoner organizing, and in defense of communities resisting criminalization.
If you are new to anarchism, libertarian socialism, or working class feminism, here is where to start:
- Who Are the Anarchists and What Is Anarchism? / Español
- Why I Am An Anarchist by Lorenzo Kom’boa Ervin / Español
- Socialism Will Be Free, Or It Will Not Be At All – Intro to Libertarian Socialism and Socialism From Below / Español
- Feminist Readings and Resources
Our Strategy and Analysis
- Below and Beyond Trump: Power and Counter-Power (2017)
- Building Popular Power In a Time of Reaction (2018)
- The State of Labor: Beyond Unions, But Not Without Them (2019)
- History and Ideas of Anarchism: Mark Bray on Revolutionary Left Radio
- Elections, Power, & the DSA: The Failure of the Left in Power
- From Below Podcast: Feminism Against Capitalism
- Anarchism and Marxism in Dialogue with Anarchopac
- From Below Podcast produced by members of BRRN:
A Year in Popular Power, is a four YouTube part series featuring members of BRRN presenting on their organizing work within larger movements and building popular power.