- The need for a specifically anarchist organization built around a unity of ideas and praxis.
- The use of the specifically anarchist organization to theorize and develop strategic political and organizing work.
- Active involvement in and building of autonomous and popular social movements via social insertion.
Topics discussed in their interview include:
- Organizing principles
- Approaches to building working class power from below
- Grass roots power vs. local politics vs. electoral politics
- The need for a rigorous educational program within movements
- Discussions on anarchist infrastructure projects
- Thoughts on “protest,” their limitations and what they are good for
- The life of Bakunin much more
Let us know what you think and if you have any questions, email us at eec [@] blackrosefed.org
We also recommend checking out other podcasts featuring members of Black Rose Anarchist Federation / Federación Anarquista Rosa Negra (BRRN):
- Patrick is interviewed by It’s Going Down as part one of a three part series looking electoralism and the rise of the DSA in “Elections, Power, & the DSA: The Failure of the Left in Power.”
- Jen and Servio discuss revolutionary political organization, relationships to social movements, state power, and feminism with Revolutionary Left Radio.
- Mark Bray, author of Antifa: The Antifascist Handbook speaks on Revolutionary Left Radio giving a history of anarchism and it’s ideas.
- Enrique and Adam interviewed by It’s Going Down episode “The Center Can’t Hold” on BRRN’s analysis and strategy document “Below and Beyond Trump.”
- Romina Akemi, co-author of “Breaking the Waves: Challenging the Liberal Tendency within Anarchist Feminism” is interviewed on KCHUNG Radio discussing feminism, anarchism and movement building.
- Luis from Austin, Texas is interviewed by A World Without Police about local organizing with ICE Out and pushing back against use of police to assist with enforcement of immigration laws.