Grow Our Roots!
Thank you to everyone who contributed to our 2019 “Grow Our Roots” fundraiser and helped us exceed our goal. Stay tuned for more updates.
Black Rose Anarchist Federation / Federación Anarquista Rosa Negra (BRRN) is a political organization with locals in over a dozen cities sharing a common set of politics and creating a shared strategic vision of building popular power in workplaces, neighborhoods, schools and all sectors of society towards the goal of libertarian socialism. Our organizing work is centered on building mass movements such as tenant unions, neighborhood assemblies, workplace campaigns, student unions, prisoner organizing, and in defense of communities resisting criminalization and deportations.
If you are interested in learning more about our politics we recommend you start with our core organizational documents: our Mission Statement, Role of the Revolutionary Organization and Points of Unity.
To learn more about anarchism, libertarian socialism, working class feminism or the radical left generally we recommend our Education page (coming soon). Here’s some introductory writings to start with:
- Who Are the Anarchists and What Is Anarchism?
- Why I Am An Anarchist by Lorenzo Kom’boa Ervin
- Socialism Will Be Free, Or It Will Not Be At All – Intro to Libertarian Socialism and Socialism From Below
- Feminist Readings and Resources
- History and Ideas of Anarchism: Mark Bray on Revolutionary Left Radio
- Elections, Power, & the DSA: The Failure of the Left in Power
- From Below Podcast: Feminism Against Capitalism
- Anarchism and Marxism in Dialogue with Anarchopac
A Year in Popular Power, is a four YouTube part series featuring members of BRRN presenting on their organizing work within larger movements and building popular power.